Sources: Seahawks, Dre'Mont Jones agree to 3-year, $51.5M contract
The Seattle Seahawks plan to sign defensive lineman Dre'Mont Jones to a three-year, $51.5-million deal, according to Jordan Schultz, theScore's NFL insider.
Jones had 6.5 sacks, nine tackles for loss, and 10 quarterback hits in 13 games with the Denver Broncos in 2022.
The former third-round pick has amassed 22 sacks, 28 tackles for loss, and 38 quarterback hits since entering the league in the 2019 NFL Draft. He's also picked off one pass and forced a pair of fumbles in his 56 career games.
The 26-year-old was widely considered to be a candidate for the franchise tag with the Broncos but finds himself joining the team that sent Russell Wilson to Denver last offseason.
- Report: Jets sign veteran QB Siemian
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 4: Every team's best newcomer
- Travis Kelce jersey sales jump nearly 400% after Taylor Swift appearance
- Packers' Watson expects to make 2023 debut vs. Lions on TNF
- Burrow fights through injury to avoid 0-3: 'I pride myself on my availability'