Report: Bucs' Wirfs to miss 3-4 weeks with ankle injury
Tampa Bay Buccaneers right tackle Tristan Wirfs is expected to be out for three-to-four weeks with an ankle injury he suffered in Sunday's overtime loss to the Cleveland Browns, a source told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Wirfs was carted from the field and it initially appeared as though his injury could be season-ending, but his postgame X-rays were reportedly negative.
Based on the All-Pro's timeline, he should be able to return before the end of the regular season.
However, it's still a significant blow to the struggling Bucs, who sit atop the NFC South despite a disappointing 5-6 record.
The 5-7 Atlanta Falcons are a game behind Tampa Bay, while the Carolina Panthers and New Orleans Saints remain in contention for the division title despite 4-8 records.
Josh Wells will likely fill in at right tackle in Wirfs' absence.
- Giants' Mara warns Daboll: Don't go 'from Bono to Bozo'
- Belichick clarifies 'last 25 years' remark: Pats not resting on past laurels
- Lamar responds to critics questioning injury: 'Let's get real'
- Report: Marvin Jones rejoins Lions on 1-year, $3M deal
- Report: Calais Campbell joins Falcons on 1-year deal