Bears' Mooney out for season due to ankle injury
Chicago Bears wide receiver Darnell Mooney will miss the remainder of the season due to an ankle injury he suffered in Sunday's loss to the New York Jets, head coach Matt Eberflus announced Monday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The 25-year-old, whom Chicago drafted in the fifth round in 2020, leads the team with 40 catches and 493 receiving yards through 12 appearances this year. He's scored two touchdowns.
The Tulane product enjoyed a career year in 2021, catching 81 passes for 1,055 yards and four touchdowns.
Injuries have been an issue for the Bears' offense lately, as quarterback Justin Fields missed Sunday's game due to a shoulder ailment, and running back Khalil Herbert is currently on injured reserve with a hip issue.
The 3-9 Bears have lost five straight and host the Green Bay Packers in Week 13 before going on bye.
- Arrest warrant issued for Bengals' Mixon for aggravated menacing
- Mahomes didn't aggravate ankle injury: 'I'm in a good spot'
- Raiders' Crosby blasts 'crybaby' Joey Bosa for complaining about officials
- Ryans: Picking Texans over Broncos was easy decision
- Kraft: 'We'll do everything' to get Brady to retire as Patriot