Colts' Ryan: 'I think our best football is in front of us'
"Wins are what we need, you know? So from that standpoint, through five games, we're 2-2-1, and we're right in the mix. I think our best football is in front of us," Ryan said postgame.
"We've got to play better than we did tonight. But at the end of the day, you've got to win games, even as you're trying to find out what we can be. And I'm proud of the fact that we did that."
The 37-year-old was sacked six times on Thursday, finishing with 251 passing yards and two interceptions.
The Colts tied the game with eight seconds left in the fourth quarter, leading to an overtime game-winning field goal.
"As long as there's time on the clock, and you're within a score or two or whatever, you have a chance, and we were there the entire night," Ryan said. "Our defense played lights out, which gives you a lot of confidence as an offense knowing you just have to hang in there."
Ryan has thrown 1,376 passing yards for five touchdowns and seven interceptions through five games this season.
Indianapolis has a nine-day break before taking on the Jacksonville Jaguars in Week 6.
- Panthers hire Evero as defensive coordinator
- Cousins rallies NFC to secure win over AFC in Pro Bowl Games
- 49ers' Aiyuk: Eagles 'extremely lucky' to reach Super Bowl, will lose to Chiefs
- Report: Garrett believed to suffer dislocated toe in Pro Bowl Games
- Rodgers: 'A lot of Raider fans' encouraging me to come to Vegas