Tagovailoa questionable for TNF vs. Bengals
Tagovailoa's been battling back and ankle injuries this week. He would've been a limited participant Wednesday if the team had held a full practice instead of a walkthrough.
The 24-year-old said Tuesday that he was hoping to face Cincy, adding that his back injury is his biggest issue.
Tagovailoa briefly left Sunday's win over the Buffalo Bills to be checked for a concussion after taking a big hit in the second quarter and stumbling after he got to his feet. He returned to the contest following halftime. Dolphins head coach Mike McDaniel said postgame that Tagovailoa's back injury caused him to stumble.
Tagovailoa is off to a hot start to the 2022 campaign. He's completed 71.3% of his passes for 925 yards and eight touchdowns against two interceptions in the first three weeks while helping the Dolphins post a 3-0 record.
Miami, the only remaining undefeated team in the AFC, also rosters quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and seventh-round rookie Skylar Thompson.
- Chargers' Staley: Johnston's role will expand after Williams' injury
- Bucs' Bowles: Rachaad White tried to make 'too many big plays' vs. Eagles
- Kaepernick pens letter to Jets GM for practice squad opportunity
- Rodgers: Jets need to hold poise amid offensive struggles
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 4: Every team's best newcomer