Bills sign veteran cornerback Rhodes
The three-time Pro Bowler will begin on the Bills' practice squad, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.
The former All-Pro defensive back reportedly visited the franchise earlier Tuesday.
Buffalo brings in the veteran amid numerous injuries on its depth chart at corner. Starter Tre'Davious White remains on injured reserve for at least another week. Rookie Christian Benford sustained a broken hand in the team's loss to the Miami Dolphins this past Sunday. The Bills also held Dane Jackson out of their recent contest due to head and neck issues suffered in Week 2.
The club also lost safety Micah Hyde to a season-ending neck injury.
Rhodes brings nearly a decade of experience to Buffalo. The Florida State product spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings. The 2013 first-round pick found success within Minnesota's defensive scheme, employing his 6-foot-1, 218-pound frame against the opposition.
The Miami native spent the past two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts. He tallied 13 starts, 39 tackles, seven passes defended, and one interception in 2021.
- How T.J. and J.J. Watt compare to the NFL's greatest brother duos
- Murray to return vs. Chargers following 2-game absence
- Fields questionable vs. Jets with injury to non-throwing shoulder
- Report: Von Miller dodges ACL tear, out indefinitely with other knee damage
- Smith-Schuster to play vs. Rams after missing Week 11; Toney out