Bills sign veteran cornerback Rhodes
The Buffalo Bills signed free-agent cornerback Xavier Rhodes, the team announced Wednesday.
The three-time Pro Bowler will begin on the Bills' practice squad, a source told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler.
The former All-Pro defensive back reportedly visited the franchise earlier Tuesday.
Buffalo brings in the veteran amid numerous injuries on its depth chart at corner. Starter Tre'Davious White remains on injured reserve for at least another week. Rookie Christian Benford sustained a broken hand in the team's loss to the Miami Dolphins this past Sunday. The Bills also held Dane Jackson out of their recent contest due to head and neck issues suffered in Week 2.
The club also lost safety Micah Hyde to a season-ending neck injury.
Rhodes brings nearly a decade of experience to Buffalo. The Florida State product spent the first seven seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings. The 2013 first-round pick found success within Minnesota's defensive scheme, employing his 6-foot-1, 218-pound frame against the opposition.
The Miami native spent the past two seasons with the Indianapolis Colts. He tallied 13 starts, 39 tackles, seven passes defended, and one interception in 2021.
- Report: Packers' Jones set to return for TNF vs. Lions after 2-game absence
- Report: Lions' Montgomery, Decker to return vs. Packers
- Panthers' Thielen: 'Little weird' preparing for game vs. Vikings
- Jets' Saleh, players OK with Rodgers calling out team amid struggles
- Panthers' Young on track to play Week 4 after returning to practice