Report: Patriots believe Jones suffered high ankle sprain
Jones reportedly will undergo an MRI on Monday to confirm the diagnosis and determine the severity of the injury.
X-rays on Jones' ankle came back negative, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. But New England is concerned Jones may have suffered tendon or ligament damage in his ankle, which wouldn't come up in an X-ray, according to Mike Giardi of NFL Network.
The sophomore was tackled awkwardly while throwing his third interception late in the fourth quarter.
Jones hopped off the field and was in clear pain while being helped to the locker room.
Jones completed 22 of 32 passes for 321 yards and three interceptions against the Ravens as his early-season struggles continued. He scored his first career rushing touchdown in the second quarter.
If the 24-year-old is forced to miss time, backup Brian Hoyer would be in line to start. The Patriots go on the road to face the Green Bay Packers in Week 4.
- Arrest warrant issued for Bengals' Mixon for aggravated menacing
- Mahomes didn't aggravate ankle injury: 'I'm in a good spot'
- Raiders' Crosby blasts 'crybaby' Joey Bosa for complaining about officials
- Ryans: Picking Texans over Broncos was easy decision
- Giants' Love: Sirianni on a 'free ride' with Eagles