Frank Gore scores violent KO in pro boxing debut
Former NFL Pro Bowler Frank Gore made his second walk to the boxing ring Saturday night. And this time, he was victorious.
Gore, who was celebrating his 39th birthday, earned a walk-off knockout in the fourth round of his fight against Yaya Olorunsola at a Gamebred Boxing event in Biloxi, Mississippi.
This victory marked Gore's professional boxing debut, as his split-decision loss to former NBA All-Star Deron Williams last December was an exhibition match.
Gore announced in April that he planned to retire from football this offseason, though he last played in 2020. He ranks third all time in NFL rushing yards with 16,000.
The Miami native spent time with the San Francisco 49ers, Indianapolis Colts, Miami Dolphins, Buffalo Bills, and New York Jets throughout his 16-season career.
- 49ers' Lynch 'incredibly encouraged' after Purdy's 1st throwing session
- Pats' Slater questions NFL's reasoning for kickoff rule change
- Packers debate term 'rebuild' as they adjust to life without Rodgers
- Breakout or fakeout: Which 2022 breakout defensive stars are for real?
- Jets' Saleh hopes Rodgers will fully practice Friday after straining calf