Prescott apologizes for praising fans who threw debris at refs
When informed that fans were throwing debris at officials postgame, Prescott said, "Credit to them." He opted against clarifying his remark when a reporter offered him the chance.
"I deeply regret the comments I made regarding the officials after the game on Sunday," Prescott wrote in a series of tweets Tuesday.
The NFC East club suffered a disappointing loss as it failed to spike the ball while the final seconds ticked off the clock. Dallas lined up for the snap, but an official bumped into Prescott from behind and couldn't spot the ball in time.
Cowboys fans also seemed disappointed by the 14 penalties called against Dallas throughout the contest.
Prescott finished the loss with 254 yards and one touchdown against one interception on 23-of-43 passing. He also rushed for 27 yards and one score.
- Report: Watson's disciplinary hearing scheduled for Tuesday
- Eli hopeful Giants' new coaching staff will help Jones flourish
- Peyton: Ryan, Wilson 'will handle' high expectations with new teams
- Report: Kamara bracing for potential 6-game suspension
- Report: Watson's discipline case to be decided before training camp