Garoppolo has shoulder sprain, expected to practice Tuesday
Shanahan expects Garoppolo to practice this week before San Francisco visits the Green Bay Packers in the divisional round Saturday.
Garoppolo suffered the injury in the second quarter versus Dallas. The 30-year-old, who didn't miss any offensive snaps in the game, finished the contest with 172 yards and no touchdowns against one interception on 16-of-25 passing.
He missed two games during the regular season due to calf and thumb injuries. Rookie Trey Lance, the third overall pick in the 2021 draft, replaced him in those contests, going 1-1 as a starter.
Shanahan also said there's a good chance star linebacker Fred Warner will be available to face the Packers. Warner couldn't finish the game against the Cowboys due to a low ankle sprain.
- Tyreek: Chemistry with Tua will be like Rodman, Carmen Electra
- Report: NFL adamant on indefinite suspension for Watson as hearing concludes
- Cutler rooting for Fields ahead of second season: 'He's the next big thing here'
- Cooper ready to lead Browns' receiving corps: 'That's the position I'm in now'
- Jeudy excited about Broncos' potential with Wilson: 'We've got all the pieces'