Report: Brown to miss at least 2 more games with ankle injury
Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday that Brown has been absent longer than the expected timeline of six weeks due to unforeseen circumstances.
"It was more a different injury than originally thought," Arians said. "A sprain. There's some issues in the heel - that's what he's having problems with."
Arians seemed optimistic last week that the 33-year-old could return for Tampa Bay's Week 13 matchup against the Atlanta Falcons.
While the Buccaneers' offense has remained strong in Brown's absence, the team is 3-2 since his injury. Tampa Bay also lost in Week 3 to the Los Angeles Rams when Brown was sidelined due to COVID-19.
Brown has 29 catches for 418 receiving yards and four touchdowns in five games this season.
- Robinson: Playing in Rams' offense will 'bring the best out of me'
- Jones: Giants declining 5th-year option 'out of my control'
- Fantasy Podcast: Offseason risers and fallers for every NFC team
- Ravens veteran punter Sam Koch retires after 16 seasons
- Minority GM, coach candidates invited to meet NFL owners