Report: Dalvin Cook suffered dislocated shoulder, torn labrum
It's still unclear for how long Cook will be sidelined, but the injuries aren't considered season-ending, Rapoport adds.
The 26-year-old suffered a similar ailment in 2019. He missed the last two games of that season but was able to return for the playoffs.
Cook was carted off during Sunday's game in the third quarter and had an MRI on his shoulder Monday.
The two-time Pro Bowler is coming off a career year and has enjoyed another productive campaign in 2021, notching 773 yards (4.5 per carry) and four touchdowns on the ground through nine appearances.
Minnesota will now hand its starting role at running back to Alexander Mattison, who started the two games Cook missed earlier this season due to an ankle injury.
Mattison has racked up 464 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in 2021.
The Vikings face the winless Detroit Lions on Sunday before playing the Pittsburgh Steelers on a short week in Week 14.
- Report: Brady undecided on returning for 2022 season
- Rodgers taking time to decide future after 'shocking' loss to 49ers
- Report: Payton yet to commit to Saints for '22, unlikely to coach another team
- 49ers score 10 points late to stun Packers in divisional round
- Burrow 'tired of the underdog narrative' after Bengals upset Titans