Report: Dalvin Cook suffered dislocated shoulder, torn labrum
It's still unclear for how long Cook will be sidelined, but the injuries aren't considered season-ending, Rapoport adds.
The 26-year-old suffered a similar ailment in 2019. He missed the last two games of that season but was able to return for the playoffs.
Cook was carted off during Sunday's game in the third quarter and had an MRI on his shoulder Monday.
The two-time Pro Bowler is coming off a career year and has enjoyed another productive campaign in 2021, notching 773 yards (4.5 per carry) and four touchdowns on the ground through nine appearances.
Minnesota will now hand its starting role at running back to Alexander Mattison, who started the two games Cook missed earlier this season due to an ankle injury.
Mattison has racked up 464 scrimmage yards and two touchdowns in 2021.
The Vikings face the winless Detroit Lions on Sunday before playing the Pittsburgh Steelers on a short week in Week 14.
- Texans interview Josh McCown for head coaching vacancy
- Report: Prescott fined $25K for praising fans who threw debris at refs
- Valdes-Scantling doubtful vs. 49ers; Alexander, Bakhtiari questionable
- 49ers hopeful Bosa will be cleared to play vs. Packers
- Best bets to lead the NFL divisional round in passing, rushing, receiving yards