Arians: Bucs not interested in trading Ronald Jones
"No, none at all," Arians said, according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. "It's a long season, and just that scenario that happened last year and still with COVID, you can't have enough good backs."
Jones dropped to No. 2 on the depth chart behind Leonard Fournette this season.
The 24-year-old runner has carried the ball 18 times for 118 yards and one touchdown across six weeks in 2021.
Jones led all Tampa Bay tailbacks last campaign with 978 yards and seven touchdowns while averaging 5.1 yards per carry. He missed the final two regular-season contests in 2020 due to a positive COVID-19 test. A quad injury during warmups in the team's wild-card round win against the Washington Football Team also forced him out of action.
Arians said he likes Jones as an insurance policy in a 17-week regular-season schedule as the Bucs attempt to repeat as Super Bowl champions.
- Report: Brady undecided on returning for 2022 season
- Rodgers taking time to decide future after 'shocking' loss to 49ers
- Report: Payton yet to commit to Saints for '22, unlikely to coach another team
- 49ers score 10 points late to stun Packers in divisional round
- Bengals overcome 9 Titans sacks to reach AFC title game