Texans' Tunsil could miss 4 weeks after thumb surgery
Tunsil initially hoped to play through the injury, which reportedly involves a torn ligament. He was on the field for less than half of the offensive snaps in Week 5 when Houston fell to the New England Patriots.
Tunsil has been a standout performer on the Texans' offensive line since the team acquired him from the Miami Dolphins in 2019. He's made two Pro Bowls in as many seasons with Houston, though he hasn't been as sharp early this year.
The Texans haven't tasted victory since Week 1. They hope Tyrod Taylor returns from a hamstring injury in the near future, and Culley said the veteran will return to the starting role once he's healthy.
- Washington sends slumping Seahawks to 3-8 with MNF win
- Report: Vikings' Cook to miss at least 2 games with shoulder injury
- McCaffrey done for season after being placed on IR again
- Report: Rodgers won't have toe surgery over bye, opts for rest
- As the Seahawks try to stop their tailspin, what happens if they crash?