McVay: Stafford is 'even better than advertised'
"Bro, this dude's a bad MF-er," McVay told Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer.
"Whatever people say about him, as good as it can be, he's even better than advertised. ... The guy's ability to see the game, his ability to draw on his experiences, the feel that he has, it's pretty special and unique. And, man, his feel for people, his authentic way of connecting with his teammates, his coaches, this guy, it's great being around him."
Despite having made the postseason in three of the past four campaigns, including a Super Bowl appearance in 2018, expectations for the Rams have increased since they acquired Stafford from the Detroit Lions. But with a loaded roster that features stars such as Aaron Donald, Jalen Ramsey, Robert Woods, Cam Akers, and Stafford, McVay is welcoming the lofty projections.
"You're not gonna run away from the expectations," McVay said. "Every single team in the NFL has one goal right now, and that's to win a Super Bowl. And I believe ... the teams that have actually accomplished that, they know that you only do that by being where your feet are planted."
- NFL, NFLPA to modify concussion protocol to enhance player safety
- Report: NFLPA fires neurotrauma consultant involved in Tua's Week 3 clearance
- Saints' Winston downgraded to out for Week 4 vs. Vikings
- Ramsey: NFL should worry about player safety, not uniform policy
- Garrett to miss game vs. Falcons after car accident