Commissioner Roger Goodell confirmed to teams in a memo Thursday that the 2020 NFL Draft will proceed as scheduled on April 23-25.
"All clubs should now be doing the necessary planning to conduct draft operations in a location outside of your facility, with a limited number of people present, and with sufficient technology resources to allow you to communicate internally, with other clubs, and with draft headquarters," wrote Goodell.
The league had already canceled the public events set to take place in Las Vegas amid the coronavirus pandemic. The draft will instead be moved into a studio, though the league has yet to announce its specific plans.
Goodell said the management council executive committee was "unanimous and unequivocal" in its decision to allow the draft to go ahead as planned.
"I also believe that the draft can serve a very positive purpose for our clubs, our fans, and the country at large, and many of you have agreed," wrote Goodell.
Among those who don't agree with the decision is the league's general manager subcommittee, which reportedly unanimously recommended postponing the event.
All NFL teams were told to close their facilities until at least April 8 in a response to the ongoing pandemic.
The Cincinnati Bengals hold the No. 1 overall pick and are widely expected to use it on Heisman-winning quarterback Joe Burrow.