Seahawks to have Rawls, Prosise battle for starting RB job
The Seattle Seahawks will hold a competition for their lead running back job.
Both players missed extensive time due to injury last season, but both made big plays in the limited time they led the backfield in touches.
Christine Michael also started for the Seahawks last season and even finished as the team's leading rusher with 469 yards despite being cut mid-season.
Ultimately, it's likely both Rawls and Prosise will split touches out of the backfield in 2017. Prosise is an excellent receiver and should get most of the third-down work, while Rawls may be best used on early downs and short-yardage situations.
- Browns' Watson scheduled to start preseason game vs. Jaguars
- Offensive Line Rankings: NFL's best, worst protection units
- McDaniel: Dolphins-Bucs practice not awkward after Brady tampering probe
- Goodell: Evidence shows need for year-long Watson suspension
- Fantasy Podcast: WR breakouts, busts, and draft strategy