NFL Shop blocks fans from ordering customized Harambe jerseys
NFL fans wanting to pay tribute to the late Cincinnati Zoo gorilla Harambe on their jerseys will have to look elsewhere than the league's official store.
As ESPN's Darren Rovell pointed out Wednesday, NFL Shop has blocked fans from ordering jerseys with a "Harambe" nameplate on the back.
We tested this ourselves by typing "Harambe" into the custom name bar, and sure enough, received the following message: "We are unable to customize this item with the text you have entered. Please try a different entry again."
Harambe was fatally shot by a zoo employee in May after a four-year-old child fell into his enclosure.
- Mahomes to start vs. Bengals despite battling ankle injury
- Falcons hire Saints' Nielsen as defensive coordinator
- Chiefs' Kelce questionable for AFC title game with back injury
- Report: DeMeco Ryans emerging as top HC candidate for Texans
- Schultz: 10 personnel who had a case to be a year-end award finalist