Report: Lightning want Chabot, another top prospect from Sens for Drouin
Chabot, the Senators' 18th-overall pick last June, has 25 points in 28 games with the QMJHL's Saint John Sea Dogs.
Drouin was suspended indefinitely without pay by the Lightning this week after refusing to play more games for their AHL affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch.
His agent, Allan Walsh, wrote in a statement that "there is no reason for Jonathan to continue with the Tampa Bay Lightning organization in any capacity," and that they'll abstain from further comment while they await a deal.
TSN's Darren Dreger reported earlier this month that Eastern Conference teams would likely "have to pay a premium" for Drouin, and that Yzerman would prefer to send the 20-year-old winger to a Western Conference club.
- Report: Kamara expected to return vs. Panthers
- Dusty Baker joins exclusive club, Astros win 100 for 4th time in 6 years
- Guardians shrink AL Central magic number to 1 with 17th win in 20 games
- Merrifield, Manoah propel Blue Jays to key win over Rays
- Wright wins 20th, Braves beat Phillies to trim NL East deficit