Blackhawks' Quenneville matches Al Arbour on all-time wins list
Chicago Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville is just one win away from becoming the second-winningest coach of all time.
The Blackhawks staved off the Nashville Predators 3-2 Tuesday, helping their coach collect win No. 782, which ties him with Al Arbour for the second-most wins behind Scotty Bowman.
Tough customer Andrew Shaw led the way offensively for the Blackhawks, collecting two goals, while defenseman Brent Seabrook scored the eventual game-winner, drilling a one-timer past Pekka Rinne in the second period.
Filip Forsberg brought the game to within a goal with just 37 second left, but that's as close as the Predators came.
Quenneville will have a chance to take sole possession of second spot when the Blackhawks pay a visit to the Montreal Canadiens on Thursday.
- NBA weekend best bets: Can Kings halt red-hot Curry, Warriors?
- Letang added to COVID-19 protocol, out vs. Maple Leafs
- Dodgers turn to Buehler in Game 6 with season on line vs. Braves
- 76ers' Harris defends Simmons: 'He's a human first'
- Oilers become NHL's 1st unbeaten team through 5 games to start 2021-22