Kings' Dean Lombardi named GM of Team USA for 2016 World Cup of Hockey
Holmgren will serve as Team USA's assistant GM, Burke will be a senior advisor, and Johannson will be the team's director of hockey operations.
"We're thrilled to have Dean at the helm of managing our World Cup team," USA Hockey executive director Dave Ogrean said.
"He's been an invaluable part of our men's national team advisory group and obviously done a remarkable job in building the Kings. In addition, having the experience of Paul Holmgren, Brian Burke and Jim Johannson gives us an exceptional management team and a group we're confident will put together a team that our country will be proud of."
Lombardi was considered the front-runner for the GM role. He guided the Kings to Stanley Cup championships in 2012 and 2014.
The 2016 World Cup will take place from Sept. 17 to Oct. 1 in Toronto.
Canada announced its management team in June, naming Doug Armstrong of the St. Louis Blues the team's GM. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland, Marc Bergevin of the Montreal Canadiens, Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray, Kings assistant GM Rob Blake and Hockey Canada's Scott Salmond were given supporting roles.
- Report: Nuggets' Murray returning from hamstring injury vs. Rockets
- Flacco could start Week 13 after being named Browns QB2
- Report: Warriors' Payton sidelined indefinitely with torn calf
- Orioles' Bautista, Brewers' Williams honored as MLB Relievers of the Year
- Report: Mets land Severino on 1-year, $13M deal