VIDEO: Jets lose after Pavelec allows embarrassing goal late vs. Blues
But he let it all slip away in one absent-minded moment.
Blues defenseman Barret Jackman dumped the puck into Winnipeg's zone off a faceoff with just over a minute remaining. Pavelec missed the puck when he reached for it as it sailed towards the net, allowing what would stand up as the game-winning goal.
Jackman had not scored since Dec. 11.
Blues coach Ken Hitchcock was counting his blessings after the game.
Pavelec finished with 19 saves on 20 shots.
- Malkin laments ice-cold power play after loss to Bolts: 'We don't have confidence'
- LaVine out 3-4 more weeks with right foot inflammation
- Report: D-Backs, Eduardo Rodriguez agree to 4-year, $80M deal
- Fields not worried about future with Bears: 'Focused on what I can control'
- Luka records 1st 25-point triple-double in an opening half vs. Jazz