Report: Blues, Tarasenko won't agree to extension until after the season
Friedman reports that general manager Doug Armstrong is not expected to pursue a bridge contract, and will look to keep the All-Star forward in a Blues sweater for the long term.
After flirting with the league lead in goals through the season's first six weeks, Tarasenko has cooled off just a bit, scoring just four in his last 15 games. The price will be high regardless, but if Tarasenko's production continues to curb, it could benefit St. Louis down the line.
- Wemby Watch: Assessing the Spurs rookie's impact at the All-Star break
- Kane: Would've been 'tough to say no' if Blackhawks wanted me for life
- Saints' Allen: Carr will do 'exceptionally well' in Kubiak's system
- McClung: LeBron would 'probably beat me' in Slam Dunk contest
- 6 biggest questions heading into 2nd half of NBA season