Report: Brighton reject Chelsea's £55M bid for Moises Caicedo
Brighton & Hove Albion are adamant that Moises Caicedo isn't for sale after rejecting Chelsea's £55-million bid for the all-action midfielder, according to The Athletic's David Ornstein.
The 21-year-old is among a list of players who Chelsea have identified to potentially strengthen their midfield in the January transfer window. He's contracted with Brighton until June 2025, and the Seagulls value him considerably higher than what Chelsea offered.
Caicedo has made 25 Premier League appearances for Brighton since joining from Independiente del Valle in February 2021 and spending the first half of last season on loan at Beerschot in Belgium.
Chelsea have already signed Mykhailo Mudryk, Joao Felix, Benoit Badiashile, David Datro Fofana, and Andrey Santos this month. PSV Eindhoven's Noni Madueke is reportedly on the verge of signing for around £30 million, potentially taking the Blues' January outlay beyond £170 million.
- Report: 'All signs now point' to Maple Leafs hiring Treliving as GM
- Mikolas works 8 shutout innings, ties career high in Ks to beat Royals
- Guerrero gets 3 hits, Kikuchi earns win as Blue Jays beat Brewers
- Yankees place Bader on IL with hamstring injury, reinstate Trevino
- MLB to take over Padres broadcasts after Bally Sports misses rights payment