Jokic passes Wilt for most triple-doubles by center
Nikola Jokic surpassed the great Wilt Chamberlain for the most triple-doubles by a center Thursday in the Denver Nuggets' 122-110 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Jokic posted 15 points, 14 assists, and 13 boards for his third triple-double of the 2022-23 season and 79th overall.
The two-time reigning MVP needed only 535 games to accomplish the feat, while Chamberlain required 1045 contests, according to Forbes' Joel Rush.
Jokic, 27, is now in sole possession of sixth place on the league's all-time list.
"It's nice just to be compared with a guy who's probably one of the best ever," Jokic said postgame. "It's some kind of legacy ... that I'll leave behind."
Denver presented Jokic with a signed game ball following the contest to commemorate the record-breaking occasion.
"It's nice," Jokic said of the team's gesture, according to Mike Singer of The Denver Post. "It's not just my success. I cannot do it without my teammates. I just wanted to remember, one day when I find that ball in a closet, just to see who I played with."
The Nuggets improved to 5-3 on the season with Thursday's win.
- Report: 'All signs now point' to Maple Leafs hiring Treliving as GM
- Mikolas works 8 shutout innings, ties career high in Ks to beat Royals
- Guerrero gets 3 hits, Kikuchi earns win as Blue Jays beat Brewers
- Yankees place Bader on IL with hamstring injury, reinstate Trevino
- MLB to take over Padres broadcasts after Bally Sports misses rights payment