Lightning's Point sits out Game 3 of Stanley Cup Final
Riley Nash joined the lineup in Point's absence.
Point missed Rounds 2 and 3 of the postseason with a lower-body injury but returned for Games 1 and 2 of the final.
The 26-year-old clearly wasn't close to being 100% healthy in those contests, as he averaged only 17:20 of ice time. For context, he averaged 21:24 in Games 1-6 in the first round against the Toronto Maple Leafs before he got hurt in Game 7, and he averaged 19:28 during the regular season.
Point's absence leaves a gaping hole in the lineup. He recorded 58 points in 66 games during the regular season, and while he tallied only two goals and two assists in Round 1, he was a crucial presence on Tampa's shutdown line with Anthony Cirelli and Alex Killorn.
- Leyland touched by tributes from across baseball after HOF election
- 76ers' Kelly Oubre Jr. scoffs at questions about legitimacy of his injury
- Fantasy Podcast: 15 new injuries that will impact your playoff chances
- Report: 4-5 teams showing strong interest in Rays' Glasnow
- Gloria Allred representing family involved with Josh Giddey case