Report: Panthers, Avalanche, Blues interested in Giroux
The Florida Panthers, Colorado Avalanche, and St. Louis Blues are among the teams showing interest in Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux, TSN's Pierre LeBrun reported on Thursday's "Insider Trading."
Giroux is in the final season of an eight-year contract with an $8.275-million cap hit before becoming an unrestricted free agent. His pact also contains a full no-movement clause, so he controls his own destiny.
The 34-year-old is having another stellar campaign. He's tallied 17 goals and 23 assists in 53 games - both of which rank second on the Flyers. He's adept at playing both center and wing, too, and has won 61.5% of his faceoffs this season.
The Flyers sit last in the Metropolitan Division and are widely expected to be sellers at the trade deadline.
- Jokic's triple-double lifts Nuggets past Rockets in Murray's return
- Report: Panthers expected to target Lions' Johnson for head coaching vacancy
- Raptors end Suns' 7-game winning streak, spoiling Durant's return
- Canucks GM: 'I think we can get help on the back end'
- Lakers bounce back to hand Pistons team-record 15th straight loss