NBA fines Randle $25K for using profane language during media availabilities
Warning: Story contains coarse language
The league disciplined Randle for comments he made after Wednesday's team practice and following the Knicks' comeback victory over the Boston Celtics on Thursday.
Randle told reporters he was asking the Madison Square Garden faithful to "shut the fuck up" when he flashed a thumbs-down gesture during the fourth quarter of Thursday's affair.
The Kentucky product later apologized to Knicks fans on social media.
Randle has taken a step back after his 2020-21 All-Star campaign. He's averaging 19.6 points, 10.1 boards, and 4.9 assists over 37 appearances this season.
- Report: Blazers signing Payton to 3-year, $28M contract
- Justin Turner hits 2 HRs, Dodgers beat Padres
- Towns agrees to 4-year, $224M maxiumum extension with T-Wolves
- Morant signs max rookie extension worth up to $231M with Grizzlies
- Cutler rooting for Fields ahead of second season: 'He's the next big thing here'