Lillard out at least 10 days due to abdominal injury
Portland Trail Blazers star Damian Lillard is out at least 10 days after an MRI confirmed he has a lower abdominal tendinopathy injury, president of basketball operations Neil Olshey announced Wednesday.
Lillard, 31, sat out Tuesday's contest against the Detroit Pistons and will miss an additional four games due to the injury, including a prime-time matchup with the Golden State Warriors.
The six-time All-Star is averaging 21.5 points, 7.8 assists, and four rebounds over 20 appearances this season. He's shooting career lows in 3-point field-goal percentage (30.2%) and overall field-goal percentage (39.7%).
Third-year forward Nassir Little will also miss a minimum of one week due to a left ankle sprain sustained Monday versus the Utah Jazz. The North Carolina product is averaging a career-high 8.3 points along with 5.3 boards across 21 games.
Portland sits ninth in the Western Conference with an 11-11 record.
- Rangers take down Hurricanes to force Game 7
- AB says he won't play in NFL in 2022: I've 'done everything in the game'
- Watch: Joc reads fantasy football group texts that angered Pham
- Fellow managers weigh in on Gabe Kapler protesting anthem
- Oilers' Holland: McDavid showing 'incredible commitment' on defense