Jeter: Correa's Gold Glove dig 'doesn't even warrant a response'
"I didn't think much about it," Jeter said Friday when asked about the comments. "I don't know how my name came up. My Spanish is not that good. I still haven't seen it. I don't know how my name was brought up, but it doesn't even warrant a response. I could go in a lot of different directions, but I won't."
Correa, who won his first Gold Glove and Platinum Glove last season with the Houston Astros, told a Spanish podcast last week that Jeter didn't deserve any of his defensive accolades.
Jeter owns a minus-19.8 defensive rating over 2,747 games, according to FanGraphs, which is the 12th-worst mark among all shortstops between 1995-2014. The 14-time All-Star saved minus-162 defensive runs during that span - the lowest total among 31 qualified players at his position.
- In a volatile East final, Celtics find stability with pick-and-roll defense
- NHL Wednesday best bets: Avalanche to close out Blues
- Barkov hopes Brunette returns: 'He did an unbelievable job'
- Rockies' Bryant lands on IL again with back strain
- The battles to watch in Oilers-Flames as Calgary tries to save its season