Report: Lightning place Kucherov on LTIR
This guarantees the Russian superstar will miss at least 10 games and 24 days. It also means the $9.5-million average annual value on Kucherov's contract won't count against the cap for the time being.
Kucherov departed Saturday's game against the Washington Capitals with what appeared to be a lower-body injury after colliding with Garnet Hathaway.
Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said Monday that the ailment is "definitely not a day-to-day thing" and that Kucherov is "going to be out for a while."
Kucherov spent the entirety of the 2020-21 campaign on LTIR while recovering from offseason hip surgery, allowing the Lightning to stay cap compliant without trading away any key players. He returned for the playoffs and helped guide the Bolts to their second straight Stanley Cup.
- Smith struggles with Lock absent, Seahawks drop exhibition to Bears
- Fried outduels deGrom as Braves take series from Mets
- Springer's 5-hit game paces Blue Jays past slumping Yankees
- Padres' Profar to support Tatis: 'One mistake and everyone wants to crucify you'
- Bregman's career day helps Astros trample White Sox in 21-5 win