Report: Athletics to announce finalists for Las Vegas stadium
Athletics president Dave Kaval has reportedly made at least six trips to Las Vegas to examine potential locations for the team's new home.
A new ballpark could cost $1 billion, Markazi adds.
MLB instructed the club in May to look for potential relocation options, calling the Oakland Coliseum - the team's current home - a non-viable option for the future.
A plan to build a new stadium in the Howard Terminal area of Oakland is still in the works, but nothing has been finalized.
"We're not sure we see a path to success in terms of getting something built in Oakland," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said Tuesday during Sports Business Journal's World Congress of Sports.
Nashville and Portland are two other cities that have spoken to the league about an MLB team.
The Athletics have played in Oakland since 1968, winning four World Series titles.
- NHL Watchability Rankings: The bottom 16
- Prodigy realized: All that's left for Bryce Harper is to win a World Series
- Panthers' Thielen: 'Little weird' preparing for game vs. Vikings
- Bucks favorites to win NBA title after landing Lillard
- Jason Kidd on Luka, Kyrie, and carrying Kobe's torch in women's sports