Duke's Banchero, Savarino facing charges related to DWI
Banchero is being charged with aiding and abetting DWI, while Savarino was arrested for DWI.
"We are reviewing a legal matter involving two members of the men's basketball team," Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement to The News & Observer.
"Any further actions as a result of this situation will ultimately be determined by the vice president/director of athletics and university officials."
Banchero and Savarino have scheduled court visits on Dec. 8 and 9, respectively. It's unknown if either player will suit up for the Blue Devils' Tuesday evening matchup against Gardner-Webb.
The 19-year-old Banchero, a consensus top-five recruit, is projected to be among the first picks in next year's NBA draft. Savarino, who is Krzyzewski's grandson, joined Duke as a walk-on two years ago.
- NBA suspends Bucks' Allen 1 game for flagrant-2 foul on Caruso
- Blue Jays' Gausman: Giants never made me an offer
- Report: Sabres prospect Levi among Canada's Olympic goaltenders
- Gonzaga suspends Stockton's season tickets over his refusal to wear mask
- ECHL indefinitely suspends player accused of making racist gesture