Irving calls Kyrie 8 'trash,' says he had 'nothing to do with them'
Kyrie Irving is distancing himself from his next signature sneaker ahead of its release.
In response to an Instagram post from user k11kicks sharing leaked photos of the Nike Kyrie 8, the Brooklyn Nets star said he had nothing to do with the shoe and wasn't impressed with the product.
"I have nothing to do with the design or marketing of the upcoming #Kyrie8, IMO these are trash!" Irving wrote. "I have absolutely nothing to do with them! Nike plans to release it without my okay regardless of what I say, so I apologize in advance to all of my sneaker heads and true supporters of the #KAI11 brand."
Irving's previous signature sneaker, the Kyrie 7, was released in November 2020 and featured several different colorways paying tribute to his mentors and love of the arts.
A release date for the Kyrie 8 has yet to be announced.
- By the numbers: Breaking down Butler's historic Game 6
- Orioles erase 6-run deficit to stun Red Sox
- Butler dominates with playoff career-high 47 as Heat force Game 7 vs. Celtics
- Avs eliminate Blues on Helm's late winner, advance to West final vs. Oilers
- Brewers' Woodruff leaves game with ankle discomfort