Kyrie honors his basketball mentors, love for the arts with newest shoe
Nike unveiled the sneaker's four launch colorways Tuesday, which pay tribute to Irving's mentors on the court, his love for music and filmmaking, and more.
The Kyrie 7 is lighter than Irving's previous model and includes new elements, such as a data-informed traction pattern for more grip.
"We've consistently made sure that the features of my shoe translate over to me and my game," Irving said. "Talking about creativity, you're constantly exploring new ways of doing things. I'm always thinking about how we can grow existing silhouettes or try something completely new."
The shoe is set for release on Nov. 11.
- The Hall of Fame's perpetual rejection of Alexander Mogilny must be rectified
- Blue Jays' Gausman dominates to end win streak by Red Sox
- Report: Wall plans to sign with Clippers after Rockets buyout
- Nevin gets 10-game ban, 11 others from Angels-M's brawl suspended
- Giants' Thibodeaux 'fully healthy' after dealing with minor hip injury