Packers acquire Cobb from Texans
Green Bay will send a 2022 sixth-round pick to Houston in exchange for the wideout, a source told NFL Network's Tom Pelissero. The Texans will also reportedly pay $3 million of Cobb's fully guaranteed $8.25-million salary to facilitate the deal.
Rodgers ended his standoff with the Packers and reported to training camp on Tuesday. One of his requests was for Cobb to return to Green Bay, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Cobb was one of Rodgers' top targets from 2011 to 2018, excelling in a slot role the Packers have since failed to fill.
The 31-year-old racked up 470 catches for 5,524 yards and 41 touchdowns in Green Bay.
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 8: Every team's scariest stat
- Kraken pummel Canadiens for 1st win at Climate Pledge Arena
- Soler, Braves overcome Morton injury to top Astros in Game 1
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices