Report: Pistons considering Cunningham, Green, Mobley for No. 1 pick
Oklahoma State star Cade Cunningham might not be a lock for the No. 1 pick after all.
Detroit's reported uncertainty represents a shock after Cunningham was widely labeled the top talent in his class following a standout freshman season with Oklahoma State.
The 19-year-old averaged 20.1 points, 6.2 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1.6 steals in 27 outings for the Cowboys this past season, earning Big 12 Player of the Year and consensus first-team All-American honors. A 6-foot-8 playmaker with a deft scoring touch, Cunningham is viewed as a franchise-altering player capable of playing as a point guard or on the wing.
Cunningham participated in a light workout with the Pistons last week and isn't planning to visit with other teams, according to Wojnarowski.
G-League Ignite prodigy Green, USC big man Mobley, and Gonzaga talisman Jalen Suggs are widely expected to round out the top four picks.
The Houston Rockets, who own the second selection, are reportedly keen on trading up for the No. 1 pick in hopes of landing Cunningham. Barring any trades, the Cleveland Cavaliers will pick third, followed by the Toronto Raptors at No. 4.
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 8: Every team's scariest stat
- Kraken pummel Canadiens for 1st win at Climate Pledge Arena
- Soler, Braves overcome Morton injury to top Astros in Game 1
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices