Report: Royals more open to trading Merrifield
Merrifield is slashing .272/.321/.405 with eight home runs, 51 RBIs, and an MLB-leading 24 stolen bases during his second All-Star campaign. He's also under contract through the 2023 season on a team-friendly deal.
The Royals (38-55) have plummeted after a solid start following a strong offseason that saw the club land Mike Minor, Carlos Santana, and Andrew Benintendi. The team has gone 22-46 since starting the season 16-9, and Kansas City is last in the AL Central.
The MLB trade deadline is July 30.
- Undefeated: Why these four teams are off to blazing-hot starts
- NFL Power Rankings - Week 8: Every team's scariest stat
- Kraken pummel Canadiens for 1st win at Climate Pledge Arena
- Soler, Braves overcome Morton injury to top Astros in Game 1
- Report on Blackhawks' scandal reveals leaders' win-at-all-costs choices