Report: Rodgers declined lucrative 2-year extension
The extension would have kept the reigning NFL MVP in Green Bay for the next five seasons.
The strained relationship between Rodgers and the Packers front office continues to dominate headlines this offseason.
Rodgers said earlier this month he would determine his plans for the 2021 season "in a couple weeks," and the star passer hasn't yet disclosed whether he'll be with the team when it opens training camp on July 28.
The 37-year-old is set to earn $21.5 million in 2021 after signing a four-year, $134-million extension with the Packers in 2018.
Rodgers has spent 16 seasons with the Packers. He's won three league MVP awards and a Super Bowl title.
- Braves' Rosario named NLCS MVP after record performance
- Scherzer watches, Buehler struggles as Dodgers' season ends
- Braves oust Dodgers, clinch 1st World Series appearance since 1999
- Watch: Kraken crowd welcomes team, boos Bettman at home opener
- Muzzin laments Leafs' blowout loss to Penguins: 'It's inexcusable'