Report: 76ers engaged in Simmons trade talks with multiple teams
The Sixers are reportedly asking for an All-Star-caliber player in return.
Simmons is coming off an underwhelming postseason performance, which culminated with Philadelphia's Eastern Conference semifinal loss to the Atlanta Hawks. His playoff display - which came after he was included in potential trade packages for James Harden during the season - was singled out by both Sixers coach Doc Rivers and franchise cornerstone Joel Embiid.
However, Philadelphia's willingness to discuss a Simmons deal is in contrast to earlier reports suggesting the organization wants to keep the 24-year-old. He apparently met with Rivers to formulate a plan to improve his shooting after connecting on just 34.2% of his free throws during the postseason.
Simmons, who won't participate in this summer's Olympic Games, has four years and $147 million remaining on his current contract.
- Edwards calls out T-Wolves after loss to Pelicans: 'Lock the f--- in'
- Merzlikins unfazed by fan's taunts over Kivlenieks' death: 'I believe in karma'
- Saints grind out MNF win, drop Seahawks to 2-5
- Blues off to franchise-best start as Husso blanks Kings
- Andersen stops former team, undefeated Hurricanes beat Leafs