Canadiens stun Maple Leafs in Game 7 to complete series comeback
Montreal came all the way back from a 3-1 series deficit. They never trailed after Game 4.
Brendan Gallagher opened the scoring for Montreal 3:02 into the second period, beating Jack Campbell five-hole following a Mitch Marner turnover. Corey Perry added some insurance later in the frame, redirecting a point shot on the power play with his knee.
Toronto didn't score until after Tyler Toffoli had already buried the empty-netter to seal the series.
The Habs will face the Winnipeg Jets in Round 2. The winner will take on the victor between the Colorado Avalanche and Vegas Golden Knights, which means the winner of the East Final will battle the winner of the Central Final in Round 3.
The Maple Leafs still haven't won a playoff series since 2004. They've now lost in the opening round in five straight years dating back to 2017.
- Morrissey, Scheifele lead Jets' rally in win over Blues
- Trade grades: Making sense of the Islanders-Canucks blockbuster
- Wizards end 22-game skid in San Antonio, beat Spurs for 6th straight win
- Irving helps Nets beat Lakers as LeBron, AD sit
- Joe Mazzulla to coach Team Giannis after Celtics clinch East's best record