Senators ship Gudbranson to Predators
Gudbranson carries a $4-million cap hit and will be an unrestricted free agent after this season. The 29-year-old joined Ottawa in a trade from the Anaheim Ducks in October after previous stints with the Pittsburgh Penguins, Vancouver Canucks, and Florida Panthers.
Selected third overall by the Panthers in 2010, Gudbranson has three points in 36 games this season while averaging over 18 minutes of ice time per contest.
Fortunato is an undrafted 24-year-old left-shot defenseman. He split four years in the NCAA between Boston and Quinnipiac before spending time in the ECHL and AHL. He's gone pointless in nine games with the Cleveland Monsters this season.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal