Report: Falcons open to trading No. 4 pick
Atlanta has had exploratory talks with teams looking up to move up in the draft, Breer adds.
With quarterbacks expected to be selected with the first three picks of the draft, a team could acquire the Falcons' selection to secure the best-remaining signal-caller.
Atlanta could also choose a passer to develop behind Matt Ryan if the team keeps the pick. However, the longtime Falcons quarterback holds cap hits of $26.9 million and $48.7 million for the next two seasons after he restructured his contract last month, according to Spotrac.
A top-ranked position player such as Kyle Pitts could also be in play for Atlanta. Pitts, who's widely regarded as the best tight end in the 2021 class, previously said the Falcons expressed interest in selecting him.
- CP3 'happy to be out here playing' after positive COVID-19 test
- 2021 NBA Mock Draft: Pistons win Cade Cunningham sweepstakes
- Report: Mavs finalizing deal to hire Kidd as head coach
- 4 Cubs pitchers combine to stymie Dodgers for MLB's 7th no-hitter of 2021
- Stone takes blame for Golden Knights' elimination: 'I got skunked'