Blackhawks' Toews out indefinitely with illness
"This offseason, I've been experiencing symptoms that have left me feeling drained and lethargic. I am working with doctors so I can better understand my condition," Toews said.
"Until I can get my health back to a place where I feel I can perform at an elite level and help my team, I will not be joining the Blackhawks for training camp. I do not have a timetable for when I will rejoin the team. I am extremely disappointed, but it wouldn't be fair to myself or my teammates to attempt to play in my current condition."
Toews registered 60 points in 70 games last season while finishing 15th in Selke Trophy voting and also added five goals with four assists in nine postseason contests.
- Ortiz joins 2022 HOF class as Bonds, Clemens fall off ballot
- Rodgers says once he retires, he won't make any comeback
- NBA Podcast: Harden to Philly? Plus Bulls injuries and Mavs' defense
- Brown: Bucs offered me $200K to seek mental health treatment
- 'Old Man' Love relishing reserve role with rising Cavaliers