Ramsey: Jags said no extension this year but 'I'm not down about it'
Jalen Ramsey is in line for a massive payday, but apparently, it's not coming soon.
"I'm not down about it or anything like that. I'm blessed," Ramsey said.
However, when the Jaguars do pay Ramsey, they'll apparently need to be prepared to give him a blank check.
There are two years remaining on Ramsey's contract after the Jaguars exercised his $13.7-million fifth-year option for 2020. He'll earn a base salary of just $3.634 million in 2019.
The pass-rusher has emerged as one of the league's best young players since he and Ramsey were selected together in the 2016 draft. The Pro Bowl corner believes Ngakoue has done more than enough to earn a big-money extension.
"I think Yan has earned a contract. ...I really hope something gets done," he said, according to Daniel Popper of The Athletic.
- Melo 'can't be at peace' without winning title
- Crosby hoping Ovechkin reaches Gretzky's goal record: 'It would be awesome'
- La Russa: Ohtani plunking unintentional, umps 'made a mistake'
- Rodgers: 'We're in big trouble' if we freak out after Week 1 blowout loss
- Higgins changing number after season: I don't want to be 'Ochocinco 2.0'