Panthers' Matheson suspended 2 games for hit on Canucks' Pettersson
Florida Panthers defenseman Mike Matheson has been handed a two-game suspension for interference and unsportsmanlike conduct on Vancouver Canucks forward Elias Pettersson, the NHL Department of Player Safety announced Monday.
The play occurred in Saturday's contest between the Panthers and Canucks. Matheson wasn't penalized following the incident.
On Monday, the Canucks confirmed that Pettersson has entered concussion protocol. A report later indicated that he could miss a minimum of seven-to-10 days.
Matheson is eligible to return Saturday against the Detroit Red Wings.
- Gonsolin dominant again as Dodgers beat Padres
- Breaking down the biggest deals from Day 2 of NBA free agency
- Javier makes history with 2nd straight dominant start as Astros rout Angels
- Why the T-Wolves paid out the nose to join the twin-big renaissance
- Cardinals' Arenado records 2nd career cycle in bizarre fashion