NHL salary cap will be roughly $80M next season
The NHL salary cap will be between $79.5 and $80 million next season, though nothing is firm yet, commissioner Gary Bettman told reporters Wednesday, per Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.
The number still needs to be finalized with the NHLPA before it can be made official, Sportsnet's Chris Johnston reports.
If the cap winds up being on the larger end of that spectrum, it would mark a $5-million increase from last season's $75-million salary cap.
- Canucks beat Bruins in shootout as Boudreau wins 2nd straight game
- Warriors knock off Trail Blazers but Curry falls short of 3-point record
- Ortiz: I have 'faith' Schilling will be elected to HOF this year
- Rockets beat shorthanded Nets for 7th straight win
- Puig joins KBO's Kiwoom Heroes on 1-year, $1M deal