Eagles' Johnson looking to dethrone 'pretty boy' Tom Brady
Right tackle Lane Johnson won't be bowing down to the team that's attempting to win back-to-back championships.
Johnson will be attempting to avenge his Eagles predecessors who lost Super Bowl XXXIX to Brady and the Patriots, 24-21.
"For what they did to us in 2004, to get payback, there would be nothing sweeter than that," Johnson said. "I remember watching that game when I was 14 years old. I was hoping the Eagles would win. Just coming up short, you could feel the pain, and you could also feel the passion of what this city wants. And we're here, so it's right at our fingertips."
- Giants win 100 games for 1st time since 2003
- Cole, Stanton lead Yankees past Red Sox, cut wild-card lead to 1
- Love: Getting called out for making Olympic team was 'wrong in so many ways'
- NHL enforcing stricter cross-checking rules in 2021-22
- Wiggins denied religious exemption for COVID-19 vaccine, can't play at home