Ducks' Cogliano becomes 4th player in NHL history to play 800 straight games
Not only is the 800-game mark a nice, round number, but it also puts Cogliano in some elite iron-man company. He is now the fourth player in NHL history to play 800 consecutive games, and the second player to achieve the mark from the very beginning of his career, according to NHL Public Relations.
As you can see, Cogliano isn't too far behind the all-time record. If his streak continues all of this season and all of next season, he will be sitting at 950 consecutive games. At that point, he will only need to play 15 straight games to begin the 2019-20 NHL season for the record to be his.
Heading into his 800th consecutive game, Cogliano had 148 goals and 194 assists.
- Wiggins' 36 powers Warriors to 10th straight win at home
- McDavid, Draisaitl combine for 8 points as Oilers edge Canadiens
- Bruins pummel Avalanche to improve record to 14-0 at home
- Devils top Flyers to set club mark with 11th straight road win
- Habs' Edmundson ejected for cross-checking Oilers' Hyman in the head