Ducks' Cogliano becomes 4th player in NHL history to play 800 straight games
Not only is the 800-game mark a nice, round number, but it also puts Cogliano in some elite iron-man company. He is now the fourth player in NHL history to play 800 consecutive games, and the second player to achieve the mark from the very beginning of his career, according to NHL Public Relations.
As you can see, Cogliano isn't too far behind the all-time record. If his streak continues all of this season and all of next season, he will be sitting at 950 consecutive games. At that point, he will only need to play 15 straight games to begin the 2019-20 NHL season for the record to be his.
Heading into his 800th consecutive game, Cogliano had 148 goals and 194 assists.
- Braves call up top prospect Harris to boost OF defense
- Pham accepts 3-game ban, says Pederson 'f---ed with my money'
- Canada rolls past Czechia, sets up rematch with Finland for gold
- Soto joins trio of HOFers with exclusive career achievement
- Flames' Tanev played through dislocated shoulder, out 4-6 months